The Concordia Electric Wire & Cable Company Limited was established in 1902 and has been involved in the manufacture and sale of electric cables ever since.
Concordia was originally based at Cricklewood in London before the entire operation was transferred to Long Eaton near Nottingham in 1917. It remained on this site until 2009 when a large part of the manufacturing operation was closed down and the business transferred to an industrial estate near Burnley in Lancashire where it currently operates from.
In November 2010 Concordia acquired Commtech Communications, a company involved in the importation of electric cables and accessories into the UK market.
Today Concordia still manufactures a range of cables in the UK but has broadened its product offer by supplementing its manufactured range with an extensive range of imported cables and accessories from around the world.
The company supplies cables and accessories to the OEM, electrical wholesale, catalogue distribution, data, telecommunication and security markets.
The company is well known for its quality and attention to customer detail – be it for the design of a bespoke cable, competitive prices and on time delivery.